At Captain BI, you can use Market Research tools without connecting your Amazon account. However, the Sales Analytics, FBA Inventory, Account Health, and Sponsored Ads tool won’t work until you authorize approval for at least one of your tokens.
Granting access to Captain BI is quick and easy.
Note: If you do not have a Professional Seller account with Amazon, you will not be able to connect an MWS Token to your Captain BI account.
- Firstly, log into your Captain BI account. And then click your profile icon, click the setting on the drop-down menu.
- Secondly, on the Seller Accounts page, click the Connect button to connect your Amazon account.
- Thirdly, a window will pop out to ask you to choose the site and nation, then click the GO TO SELLER CENTRAL button.
- Once you click the GO TO SELLER CENTRAL button, it will lead you to your Seller Central Account, sign in to your Amazon Seller Central account, if it prompts you to do so. Note: Make sure that the Seller Account is the correct one you want to connect to your Captain BI Account.
- The next window will be titled “Amazon Marketplace Web Services” and display Captain BI’s Developer Name and Developer ID. In this way, you can click on the Next button to continue the process.
- Clicking Next prompts a new window asking you to confirm that you want to give Captain BI access to your Seller account. Check the approval box and click Next to continue. Note: For the European Site, you need to check two approval box.
- Next, it will go to the page with Seller ID and Token. It is necessary for you to share your Seller ID and Token with Captain BI. Copy each alphanumeric string from Amazon to paste into the Captain BI browser window.
- Paste Seller ID and Token into the Captain BI, and fill in your account name. Just click the Connect button.
- Great! Now that you’ve authorized your store connection. Authorized stores will be displayed in the list below. Therefore, it will take about 3-6 hours for Captain BI to automatically sync data. Note: Free plan can only access one store, if you want to connect more stores, please change the plan to get more.
- Firstly, log into your Captain BI account. Click your profile icon and then click the setting on the drop-down menu.
- Secondly, choose the store that needs CPC authorization, and clicks PPC Connection.
- Then, in the pop-up window, click the Connect button, this button takes you to your Amazon account.
- A permission window will appear. Click on the Allow button.
- Finally, it will be displayed on the Captain BI Seller Accounts page after successful authorization.
The length of the authorization period is one year.
As a result, you’d better update the authorization period on amazon before the authorization period ends and at the same time update at the Captain BI.
Renewing Your Tokens
- Simply sign in to your Amazon Seller Central account, go to Manage your apps.
- Click on the Renew button in the CaptainBI row.
- Log into your Captain BI account and find the store you have Renewed in the amazon. And then click edit, paste the latest Seller ID and Token into the blank and then click confirm.
Disconnecting Your MWS or PPC Connection
If you want to disconnect your MWS or PPC Connection, you can do as follows:
- log in to your Amazon account, go to Manage your apps.
- Click on the Disable button in the CaptainBI row.
Any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us(firstname.lastname@example.org).