Introduction and Overview
Sales Analytics pull and organize the data for your amazon’s sale. That is to say, you can easily see at a glance how your store is performing and find more valued information from the real-time data.
There are six dimensions of data display, including dashboard, product, orders, refunds, buy box monitoring, and product management. So consequently, it is easy for you to check and analyze the data more comprehensively, you can overall the performance of your Amazon store.
Follow me to see what you can learn from the Dashboard of Sales Analytics.
- From your Captain BI account, go to Sales Analytics >Dashboard. Note: it is necessary to connect your Amazon store before you use the Sales Analytics.
- Whether you want to view the data of a single amazon store or view the data of all Amazon stores, it can be achieved simply.
- You can customize the date range, such as Nearly 7 Days, or you can set any custom range by clicking dates on the calendars.
- Of course, you can customize the metrics that show on the Dashboard.
- After you set the data range and the metrics, the valuable metrics and the trends will be displayed.
- By default, it will show comparisons with the previous period for each metric.
- Click the Refresh icon to refresh the data.
- Then, you can check the TOP SELLING PRODUCTS.
- Check your store’s performance with comprehensive data.
Commonly asked questions
- How do you define the date range If I have multiple stores in different time zones?
The date range you choose will be applied to the local time for each marketplace.
- What is the base currency?
If you have multiple stores in a different marketplace, the base currency will be displayed by default. Certainly, you can change the currency when you check each stores’ sale detail.
Any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us(email@example.com).